Winston is an aggressive tank that is able to dive enemies off and kill squishy targets. Winston has so much mobility with his jump pack that he is able to go in and out of combat in an instant. His Primal Rage allows him to get back to full health and throw enemies around and disrupt their tempo. In Overwatch 2, the developers added an alternate fire to his Tesla Cannon which allows him to attack a single enemy with a longer range.
- Similar to D.Va, once you engage an enemy with your Jet Pack, you need to have an objective prior to that engagement. Enemies can still wipe you off of the team fight if they decide to gang up on you.
- Keep in mind of your Barrier Protector’s placement and ensure that it disrupts enemy abilities such as Ana’s heals and other projectiles.
- If an enemy gets away, you can now utilize your Tesla Cannon’s alternate fire to try and finish them off.
- Tesla Cannon
- Tesla Cannon Alternate Fire
- Jump Pack
- Barrier Protector
- Primal Rage (Ultimate Ability)
What’s Changed in Overwatch 2?
- New Tank Passive
- Health increased from 300 to 350. (Buff)
- New Skill: Tesla Cannon Alternative Fire. (Buff)
- Barrier Projector cooldown decreased from 13 seconds to 12 seconds. (Buff)
- Barrier Projector duration decreased from 9 seconds to 8 seconds. (Nerf)
- Primal Rage Ultimate Cost increased by 10%. (Nerf)